LI MARATHON 2020 ~ ROAD CLOSURES
SUNDAY MAY 2, 2021 / RACE STARTS 7:30 A.M.
All road closures are ultimately decided by the Nassau County Police Department. Roads may be closed earlier, may remain closed longer, or may reopen sooner than the times posted here. All times listed are approximate.
- Charles Lindbergh Blvd. (Entire loop) 6:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
- Stewart Avenue (Merchant’s Concourse / Endo Blvd to Merrick Ave) 6:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
- Merrick Avenue (Old Country Rd to Hempstead Tpke) 6:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
- Park Blvd (Hempstead Tpke to Merrick Ave) 6:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
- Hempstead Tpke (Wantagh Pkwy to Merrick Ave) (westbound only) 6:00 A.M. - 11:15 A.M.
- Merrick Avenue (Hempstead Tpke to Bellmore Ave) 6:00 A.M. - 11:15 A.M.
- Bellmore Avenue (Merrick Ave to Jerusalem Ave) 6:00 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.
- Bellmore Avenue (Jerusalem Ave to Sunrise Hwy) 6:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
- Sunrise Hwy down *1 (Bellmore Ave to Wantagh Pkwy) (westbound only) 6:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
- Merrick Rd down *2 (Jones Ave to Pine St) 6:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- Old Country Road *3 (Duffy Ave to Carman Ave) 7:15 A.M. - 1:15 P.M.
- Carman Avenue (Old Country Rd. to Hempstead Tpke) 7:15 A.M. - 2:15 P.M.
- Stewart Ave (Carman Ave to Salisbury Park Dr) 7:15 A.M. - 2:15 P.M.
- Wantagh Parkway (Northern State Pkwy to Ocean Pkwy) 6:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
- 1* Sunrise Hwy (westbound only) will be reduced to a single lane of traffic. Eastbound Sunrise Hwy will not be affected.
- 2* Merrick Rd reduced to one lane in each direction for the duration of the marathon period.
- 3* Old Country Rd reduced to one lane westbound only. Eastbound lanes will not be affected.
- Meadowbrook State Parkway exits and entrances to and from Charles Lindbergh Blvd (Nassau Coliseum, Nassau Community College and Eisenhower Park exits), as well as the exit onto E/B Stewart Ave, will be closed from 6:00 A.M. until 10:30 A.M.
- Eisenhower Park's Park Blvd. will not allow through traffic between 5:00 A.M and 10:30 A.M. Public parking in sections of the Park will be permitted until 6:00AM.